What is sitemap?
A site map (or sitemap) is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for Web design, or a Web page that lists the pages on a Web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion.
What is robots.txt?
Robot.txt is also known as Robots Exclusion Protocol or robots.txt protocol, is a convention to prevent cooperating web crawlers and other web robots from accessing all or part of a website which is otherwise publicly viewable. Robots are often used by search engines to categorize and archive web sites, or by webmasters to proofread source code.
Today I want to show you the step by step procedures on how to generate your own sitemap. Actually! you can make or generate xml sitemap not only for Google but also to Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
How To Generate Google Sitemap Using XML Sitemap Generator?
- Visit “http://ctrlq.org/blogger” and type the full address of your blogspot site for example (http://name.blogspot.com).
- Click Generate Sitemap button.
- Copy the entire text to your clipboard (see the screenshot below).
How To Add XML Sitemap To Blogger?
- Next is login to your Blogger account.
- From your dasboard, go to Settings → Search preferences → Custom robots.txt.
- Click Edit and Enable the custom robots.txt content.
- Paste the generated sitemap into the textarea and hit Save changes button.
- Done! Search engine will automatically discover your xml sitemap via robots.txt and you don’t need to ping it everytime you made a changes to your blog.
I hope that this article helped you, Confused? feel free to ask a question regarding to this topic. Thank You!